NMFC Updates Effective August 24, 2019
The National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) has been updated with changes impacting LTL shippers. Changes are classified under Supplement 2 and are effective August 24, 2019. You can review the entire update below or continue to read the NMFC codes that are most likely to impact the LTL industry.
NMFC Supplement 2 Updates include, but are not limited to:
- Toilet Preperations – The NMFC code 59420 becomes a density based item with three density subs and classes. The reference to item 60000 is removed and item 60000 is amended to remove a reference to Toilet Preparations.
- Air Cooler, Water Evaporative Type – The NMFC code 114130 is class dependent and is amended on density and packaging.
- Pressure Reducing Valves/ Pressure Regulators – The NMFC code 127200 will be canceled and move to 127220 which will be amended to density bases items with three density subs and classes.
- Telephone Parts/ Video Phones – NMFC codes 63285 and 63310 are cancelled with reference to NMFC code 63300 which is a density based item with 11 subs and classes.
- Item 171 – Blump Clause – All references to item 171 are removed from individual items. The artificial construction of density to obtain a lower class is cancelled.
- Cords/ Power Supply – The NMFC code 61490 amended to state “for permanent attachment to electrical appliances, machines, or tools” with class changed from 65 to 70.